Our expert view
The LYMA Laser is the only cosmetic laser safe for use on all skin types and tones. However, as with all light devices, if you are taking medications that make you more sensitive to light, or if you have a medical condition that makes your skin sensitive to sun or light, we advise discussing with your medical practitioner before use.
Suitable for vegetarians. Gluten-free, paraben-free, sulphate free, gelatine free, sugar-free. Made in the UK.
1. Balance. KSM-66® Ashwagandha. 600 mg. A powerful adaptogen that calms and restores physical, mental and hormonal balance
2. Cognition. Cognizin®. 250 mg. A leading nootropic that enhances cognitive function
3. Beauty. Cynatine® HNS. 500 mg. A superior, highly bio-available keratin for incredible beauty and smart ageing benefits
4. Antioxidant. Lycored Lycopene™. 30 mg. The best antioxidant to protect against the ravages of urban life
5. Anti-inflammatory. HydroCurc®. 600 mg. 100% bioavailable curcumin for cellular protection and inflammation reduction
6. Immunity. Wellmune® Blend, 250 mg. Powerful beta-glucans providing immune support and balance blood sugar
7. Activating. K2Vital®. 75 μg. Superstar nutrient which promotes bone health, longevity and endurance
8. Core. Vita-algae D3™. 2,000 i.u. Supports immunity, improves muscle health/recovery and calcium absorption
9. Mood. affron® 28mg. Helps with relaxation, mental and physical balance, and maintaining a positive mood.
As with all light devices, do not use the LYMA Laser over any areas associated with the following medical conditions:
- a) Tumors or Melanoma
- b) Over-active thyroid
- c) Fungal skin infections
- d) Implanted pacemaker
Do not use the LYMA Laser:
- Over the female breast area.
- On children or anyone under the age of 18 years of age
- On your abdominal area if you are a pregnant woman
- If you suffer from lupus erythematosus, albinism photosensitive eczema, or other photosensitive disorders.
- To treat anyone who is taking any medication that can cause photosensitivity. Use on photosensitive skin can result in an itchy sensation or sunburn-like redness. If these occur, seek medical care from a physician.
WHICH OTHER TECHNOLOGIES/FACIAL TREATMENTS/SKIN CARE/ACTIVES/MEDICATIONS ARE SAFE/NOT SAFE TO USE ALONGSIDE?
The LYMA Laser is safe to use alongside most aesthetic treatments. Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, the LYMA Laser can aid recovery from aesthetic treatment, reducing downtime and accelerate healing.
You can safely use the LYMA Laser alongside radiofrequency, micro-needling and microcurrent treatments. If you are taking medication that makes you more sensitive to light, you should discuss it with your medical practitioner to confirm if low-level laser therapy is suitable for you.
ANY SIDE EFFECTS/BAD REACTIONS TO LOOK OUT FOR?
The LYMA Laser is the first 500mW at home near infrared low-level laser, operating at 808nm delivering unrivalled biological age reversal, with four blue 40mW LEDs operating at 470nm to eliminate surface bacteria. This technology has been used safely in hospitals since the 1960s and is backed by extensive peer-reviewed studies with no side effects reported. The LYMA Laser has its own suite of peer-reviewed studies published in Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2021 written by Dr. Graeme Glass PhD.
However, as with all medical devices, we suggest you take the following precautions.
- If using the device causes any discomfort, discontinue use immediately.
- Contact a doctor immediately if you suspect you have had a negative reaction from using the LYMA Laser.
- Do not store the LYMA Laser in the sun or on a hot surface. High temperatures may be damaging.
- Do not disassemble the LYMA Laser as this may cause damage, malfunction, electrical shock, fire, or injury. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
- Do not operate in an environment where other devices, that intentionally radiate electromagnetic energy in an unshielded manner, are being used. Portable or mobile radio frequency communication equipment can affect medical electrical equipment.
- Always protect your skin from the sun with sunscreen or appropriate attire. The sun may cause wrinkles and reduce the benefits of the LYMA Laser.
- Never operate this device if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or submerged in water.
- Never drop or insert any unauthorized object into any openings on the device. Only use the power adapter provided with the LYMA Laser.
- Do not scratch or damage the LYMA Laser.
- Use of controls, adjustments, or performance of procedures other than those specified herein, may result in injury.
- Keep all electrical appliances away from water (including baths and showers). • Do not use flammable aerosol products or oxygen near the device.
- If the LYMA Laser device begins to overheat, turn off immediately.
- Stop using the device immediately if you believe the device is malfunctioning. Return the device to LYMA Life for examination and repair.
IT SAYS YOU CAN USE IT ANYWHERE ON THE BODY BUT... IS THAT LITERALLY ANYWHERE?
The LYMA Laser can be used anywhere on the body, excluding those defined in the contraindications.
CAN I USE THE LYMA LASER ALONGSIDE A TOPICAL RETINOL? Yes, you can use the LYMA Laser if you are using topical retinol.
IS THERE ANYWHERE I SHOULDN’T USE THE LYMA LASER?
The LYMA Laser can be used on all parts of the body. Do not use the LYMA Laser over any areas associated with the following medical conditions. Tumours, overactive thyroid, fungal skin infections, implanted pacemaker, or melanoma.
CAN I USE THE LYMA LASER AFTER BEING IN THE SUN?
Yes, the LYMA Laser can be used after being exposed to the sun.
CAN I USE THE LYMA LASER OVER INJECTABLES OR FILLERS?
The LYMA Laser is perfectly safe to use on areas of the skin that have been treated with injectables or fillers.
CAN I USE THE LYMA LASER IF I’M PREGNANT?
You can safely use the LYMA Laser if you are pregnant, however should not be used over the abdominal area.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
There are no known side effects from using the LYMA System. Should you experience discomfort, redness or anything other than natural-looking skin, please stop using the LYMA Laser and contact your medical practitioner.
Real reviews from beauty industry insiders
Shop the items you have recently viewed.