Our expert view
The PMD personal microdermabrasion device is a non-invasive, affordable solution for brightening your skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and smoothing away dead skin cells using exfoliation.
It only works to treat the outer layer of skin, so its really gentle and non-abrasive. The technology behind it is used by dermatologists all over the world and now you can make use of it from the comfort of your own home.
The PMD really makes your expensive skin care products worth their weight in gold. After using it, your products will be much more effective and can get to work much easier without the barrier of dirt, oil and dead skin cells.
- PMD Personal Microdermabrasion Facial Exfoliating Device
- 1 power adapter (110v)
- 1 body cap
- 1 facial cap
- 1 ultra sensitive training disc
- 2 very sensitive discs
- 2 sensitive discs
- 2 moderate discs
- 1 reusable filter
- 1 instructional DVD and manual
Exfoliation for every skin type
Using different aluminum oxide micro crystal disks, the PMD works to exfoliate the outer layer of your skin. It gets rid of the top layer of dead skin cells that can stop your skin absorbing lotions and moisturisers.
The PMD comes with 3 different discs; the white is used as a training disk to see how your skin will tolerate the device, the blue is ideal for sensitive skin and the green is great for normal skin.
1. Do not use any intense skin care treatments such as chemical peel products prior to or within 48 hours of using the Personal Microderm. Use common sense and good judgment. Do not over do it.
2. Do not use the Personal Microderm without first consulting a physician if you are using medication.
3. Do not use the Personal Microderm without first consulting a physician if you have any serious skin conditions, if you have extremely sensitive skin or if are taking any prescriptions that will impact your skin.
4. Do not use directly above the eye bone or below the brow bone. Your skin is loose and thin. Stay away from those areas.
5. Do not allow the tool to hover in one spot. If this happens, do not be alarmed. You may have red marks or scabs. Simply use a good recovery moisturizer and sunscreen. After a few days, you will have fresh new skin.
6. Do not use the Personal Microderm over the same spot of skin multiple times. The effects of the device are not always immediately visible, so you must be careful. After several uses, you will learn how to best perform each treatment for your skin type.
7. Do not continue to use the Personal Microderm if you feel any pain during the treatment. Pain is a sign that you have been too aggressive. You may have hovered, gone too slow or done multiple passed. Learn from each treatment to customise the right treatment for you.
Real reviews from beauty industry insiders
Shop the items you have recently viewed.